The most famous monument of Trento is the Castello del Buonconsiglio, where late medieval fresco cycles can be admired. The Duomo, characterized by a rose window and a baroque chapel, stands in the square of the same name, which also overlooks Casa Cazuffi-Rella, a Renaissance structure with a frescoed facade. To the south-west, the Museum of Sciences and Natural History (MUSE) presents interactive displays.
- 1 THE GOLF COURSES
- 2 ….NOT JUST GOLF !!
- 3 WORTH A TRIP !!
- 4 FOOD & DRINK
- 5 “SPECIAL” PRODUCTS
- 6 IF YOU LIKE THE CRAFT BEER ….
THE GOLF COURSES
- The plateaus are a natural gym, ideal for every sport that prefers open spaces. The golf course is the pride of the Folgaria, Lavarone and Luserna plateaus, a small pearl set in the greenery. Located in the splendid Costa basin at 1,200 meters above sea level, it is an eighteen-hole course, par 72 for a total development of 5,457 meters. The path is flanked by a walk, which leads to the well-known Ecchen biotope. Equipped with a peculiar personality, the field is undoubtedly spectacular, because it winds through an environment whose landscape changes several times, alternating with meadows, forests and biotopes. To reach the green with your par you need a certain knowledge of the course, a good game strategy and, of course, a right love for nature. For guests there are several very convenient subscription options and reduced rates for short periods; the guests of the affiliated hotels enjoy a green fee.
- Period of the year recommended: from May to October
Località Costa – Maso Spilzi
38064 Folgaria (Trento)
+39 0464 720 480
- Founded in the year 2001, the Rendena Golf Club is the positive result of a bet by enthusiasts who have given a new face to the valley area from which it takes its name, inserting in a unique panorama an environmental sports area of great value. With its nine par 35 holes, the Golf Rendena course develops on the municipalities of Caderzone, Strembo and Bocenago, with the latter hosting the prestigious Club House where the Circolo secretariat and the elegant restaurant are located with its proposals gastronomic also for non-golfers. The field fascinates for the majestic backdrop of the peaks of the Adamello and the Brenta Dolomites, in the heart of the Adamello Park, and for the colors of its luxuriant vegetation with the wonder – not unusual – to meet some gracious wood creature. These features, combined with the effects of hot air currents from the nearby Lake Garda that provide a cool summer climate and mild during the spring season, make Golf Rendena a popular destination for golf enthusiasts. The course is distinguished by its unique qualities as, despite being a mountain field, it presents greens always in perfect condition and, thanks to the constant presence of water resources, soft and homogeneous fairways. The balanced layout is recognized by its competitive difficulties and refined beauty where the required precision rewards the player once he has conquered the always delicate and demanding greens.
- Period of the year recommended: from April to November
- ADDRESS: Loc. Ischia 1
38080 BOCENAGO (TN) Tel 0465 806049
- When Fritz Osterreicher decided to transform part of the land located in Campo Carlo Magno inherited from the Imperial House of Austria into a golf course, he certainly had to face major technical and labor problems. Despite this, it was 1919, his foresight prevailed. He entrusted himself to the greatest golfer of those times, Henry Cotton, who designed and implemented the field, which had been in operation since 1921, but was affiliated to the Italian Golf Federation only in 1923. It was thus the third golf course in Italy, after that of Acquasanta in Rome and that of Menaggio and Cadenabbia, affiliated respectively in 1907 and 1911, but also the first absolute by height in Europe. Since then, the course has undergone some changes and improvements, such as the creation of double starts, but as a whole, the 9-hole course has remained so. Il Campo is characterized by a panorama of absolute beauty immersed in the Adamello Brenta Natural Park with an enchanting view of the Brenta Dolomites recognized since 2009 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Period of the year recommended: from May to October
- ADDRESS: Via Cima Tosa 15 – 38086, Madonna di Campiglio – Tel. +39 0465 440622 – Mail: email@example.com
….NOT JUST GOLF !!
WORTH A TRIP !!
- TRENTO – Ciclo dei Mesi nel Castello del Buonconsiglio
“Ciclo Dei Mesi” is a group of frescoes located in Trento, in the Torre dell’Aquila in the Castello del Buonconsiglio, attributed to the master Venceslao. They date back to the end of the 14th century-beginning of the 15th and are the best example of international Gothic in Trentino and one of the most significant in northern Italy. Vikipedia
FOOD & DRINK
You played Golf, you breathed a wonderful sparkling air, visited enchanting places, now you have to think about body & mind !!
Cucina moderna – Prezzo medio – Da 77 € a 127 €
Some specialties: Gnocchi di patate, soffice di patate, salmerino e polvere di patate. Suinetto orvietano con sedano rapa ai capperi e dolce-forte di peperoni. Mela pensando allo strudel.
Unmissable two-stars Michelin Restaurant on the outskirts of Trento, as well as a magnificent Alpine residence, Locanda Margon is a refined sanctuary of Trentino cuisine, in a hilly area with a breathtaking view over the city. Experience, personal touch, dynamism is what is required by the Lunelli family, owners of the restaurant and the Cantine Ferrari, to those who are in the kitchen. Thanks to the location, some proposals are closely linked to the great labels of the area: territory and traditions therefore remain firm points on which to build. Working in the city of small extensions like Trento offers, in fact, the possibility of establishing a more direct relationship with the land and with the producers, who in turn become an integral and essential part of an all-round experience. For less demanding moments, the Veranda satisfies guests with simpler but equally tasty dishes.
ISERA, (Trento) – Restaurant “Locanda delle Tre Chiavi”
Great reception capacity and total enhancement of local products.
Historical place not only because the building dates back to the eighteenth century but above all because here the local raw materials are treasured and their gastronomic quality is enhanced with a cuisine that reflects tradition in the best way.
Some specialties: Tortello di patate con grano saraceno – Canederlotti alle ortiche saltati con burro all’aglio orsino – Carne Salada con fasoi – Strudel con gelato alle mele.
LEVICO TERME – Restaurant “Boivin”
A look towards a modern kitchen and relationships through the solid window of tradition
It is always a joy to sit at a table in this restaurant to taste the dishes of a person who is still very curious about everything he does. Riccardo Bosco is this: an exceptional chef who still has a great desire to know, to confront, to grow.
Some specialties: Capretto di pezzata mochena in tre cotture – Sarde marinate in saor di carote novelle – tagliatelle al ragu’ di agnello – Uovo con fonduta e tartufo nero
PERGINE VALSUGANA – Osteria “Storica Morelli”
Dishes and raw materials confirm that Fiorenzo and Antonella’s curiosity has no limits
Fiorenzo cook and Antonella in the dining room will make you relive and get to know the best of the Trentino culinary production by using their horticultural production, their “sausages”, the meat of the Val di Fiemme and many other tasty “delicacies”.
Some specialties: Variazione di pesce di lago su misticanza selvatica – Tagliatelle con ragu di lumache e spugnole – Carne salada con fasoi – Stufato di agnello alla contadina.
Very often you have to make a winding road to get to the farm and even a few kilometers long but believe me it’s really worth it!
A careful selection of the raw material and the processing that still requires today, that the milk milked in the evening rest all night so that the cream naturally emerges and in the morning can be processed by hand.
Caseificio di Primiero – Mezzano di Primiero, via Roma 179
Home cheese par excellence, to be consumed in the winter months, the “Casolet” is small and versatile based on raw whole milk and raw and tender pasta.
Caseificio turnario di Pejo – Pejo (Trento), Piazza San Giorgio 1 – +39 328 1570139
CHEESE “Puzzone di Moena”
The Malghe are located in the heart of the Dolomites, and from their pastures, twice a day, milk arrives in Predazzo at the dairy. The secret of the “Puzzone” is its seasoning during which every “form” is periodically treated.
Caseificio Sociale Predazzo e Moena – Predazzo (Trento), Via Fiamme Gialle 34 – +39 0462 501287 – firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU LIKE THE CRAFT BEER ….
We hope our suggestions have been helpful. Now is the time to plan your golf vacation. Here are some basic “tools”
Choose your best, most comfortable location. Hotel? Home? Resort?
- Cross the best accommodation offers
- ALWAYS remember to take out good travel insurance
If you travel by plane, remember the dimensions of your luggage. The airlines are very strict in this regard.
Don’t forget the Golf bag cover
Important travel accessories:
Do you use the plane to travel to TRENTO? Plan your flight!
!! The most convenient airport is VERONA – BERGAMO – VENEZIA !!
When you arrive at the airport, rent your most comfortable car
CALL TO ACTION
Now you have everything you need to plan and create your golf vacation. Use the tools to book flights, rental cars, restaurants, activities, tee times and whatever you like. Leave and enjoy your well-deserved relaxation. If you have any doubts, a booking method is not clear to you, do not hesitate to contact us and together we will solve the problem.
or as an alternative
Let us know what you like about what you read, the activities, the restaurants, the Trattorias, the places, the food, the golf courses and we will build the trip tailored for you based on your needs. From when you leave home to when you return. Send us a simple email, it will be a pleasure for us to work on your vacation.
Don’t forget to also read: