Last Updated on
!!! World’s Best Golf Destination 2019 Nominees !!!
Being attracted to Jamaica is far from difficult. Letting yourself be tempted by organizing a golf vacation in this country, from the marvelous landscapes of this island that cradles in the Caribbean Sea adrift of the Great Antilles, from its extravagances and innumerable curiosities, from opportunities for fun, is practically impossible. Here is a detailed guide to help you build your best golfing experience in Jamaica by choosing in the greatest freedom when, where and what.
- 1 When to play golf in Jamaica?
- 2 What to bring during your trip to Jamaica.
- 3 What to eat in Jamaica
- 4 Getting informed is never bad. Some books to read
- 5 GOLF COURSES IN JAMAICA
- 6 JAMAICA Extra Golf Free Time Tours & Activities:
- 7 How to reach JAMAICA
- 8 What to do for your flight
- 9 Useful tips for organizing your golf Trip in JAMAICA:
- 10 CALL TO ACTION !!
- 11 Do It Yourself Golf Trip Consulting
When to play golf in Jamaica?
Jamaica is located in the Caribbean sea. The best time for your golf vacation in Jamaica is from December to mid-April: the climate is dry temperate and is also high season. Along the coast during this period you will find warm and sunny days!
The mid-season starts from mid-April to June, a period still quite dry despite the onset of rains that can be found sporadically everywhere except in the area of Port Antonio.
What goes from July to November is instead considered low season with heavy downpours and the possibility of hurricanes (especially between July and October).
What to bring during your trip to Jamaica.
Plus of course a swimsuit and sunglasses!!
Repellent (I would say always, in any season), due to the sand flies – sand flies – that are often found there: especially during the intermediate season and the wet season it will be necessary to have it with you. During your Golf in Jamaica tour (this advice is valid for all seasons) pack a sweatshirt and / or an anorak: you will always need it, whether you will visit the hinterland or on high season nights where there is a very noticeable temperature range, especially after spending the whole day in the sun!
What to eat in Jamaica
There are so many famous dishes and drinks in Jamaica, here is a quick selection.
Jerk pork: can also be made with chicken … jerk is the method by which meat is prepared; it is passed on a mix of spices and left to marinate. Then it is slowly cooked on the grill and finally the jerk sauce made with Bonnet Scotch, a little vinegar, olive oil, thyme and cinnamon, nutmeg, lime, onion, garlic, pepper and allspice (a spice used in Caribbean cuisine) is added.
Cornmeal porridge: this famous dish also appears in the famous song “no woman no cry” … “then we would cook cornmeal porridge, of which I’ll share with you” … is a very simple dish: cornmeal mixed with milk that can be of coconut or cow’s milk, cinnamon sugar and nutmeg.
Ackee and Saltfish: dried salted cod accompanied with a fruit present only in Jamaica, the Ackee precisely which can be said to be similar to the lychee. The fish is boiled and then placed on a fried onion and pepper; add pieces of tomato and finally the ackee. This dish is also eaten by Jamaicans in the morning at breakfast together with the previous dish.
Appleton estate Rum: Jamaica is famous for its rum production, Appleton Estate is perhaps the best known rum in the world among those coming from the island.
Peanut Punch: there are several, among the most famous ones, peanut butter and peanuts.
Red Stripe: local beer.
Much consumed by the Jamaican but not really Jamaican drink is the Irish moss drink, made with an Irish seaweed that is boiled after being left to soak and the filtered liquid is mixed with sugar and spices.
Getting informed is never bad. Some books to read
GOLF COURSES IN JAMAICA
- The Tryall Club – Open website
- White Witch Golf Course – Open website
- Cinnamon Hill Golf – Open website
- Half Moon Golf Course – Open website
- RB Golf Club and Resort – Open website
- Sandals Golf & Country Club – Open website
Some tips on golf courses:
- To book the Tee Time, it is best to send an email to the secretary of the Golf Club you have chosen, asking for availability, obviously indicating the day and an indicative time. You can find the e-mail address by opening the Golf Club website from “Open website” and then searching for “contacts” or some Golf Clubs have the form to fill out to get the Tee Time. I think it’s better to send an email to the Secretariat. Opens Google Map at the point of the Golf Club. You can have the necessary information to reach the playing field or to know the distances for example from the Hotel you have chosen for the stay.
JAMAICA Extra Golf Free Time Tours & Activities:
Food, Wine & Nightlife
Tours & Activities
How to reach JAMAICA
- Norman Manley International Airport – Kingston (Capital City)
- Sangster International Airport – Montego Bay
What to do for your flight
- Book your most comfortable flight
- Claim compensation for your flight delay or cancellation
- Relax at the airport waiting for your flight
- Choose a private flight
- Rent a car
On the island it is also possible to rent cars and motorcycles from local and international companies.
Taxis are also an excellent means of transport but it is advisable to choose those that are licensed, recognizable by the red number plates that in most cases await the exit of the main hotels.
Useful tips for organizing your golf Trip in JAMAICA:
Villas and Rooms
If you use air flights always remember to check the size of the baggage on the airline’s website !!
Golf Travel Bag
CALL TO ACTION !!
Organizing your own golf vacation is a great opportunity to save a lot of money !!
In this guide you just read there are all the tools you need.
What are you waiting for???
For any clarification do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do It Yourself Golf Trip Consulting
If you have little time or little desire, don’t worry, together we can, in 1 hour, build your best golf vacation. Send us an email for more information: email@example.com