Last Updated on
If there is a place where New Zealand reveals itself in all its authenticity, and in all its wild soul, that is the South Island. An extraordinary place, the perfect location to organize your next golf experience. Famous for its lakes, its mountains and its glaciers, the South Island offers extraordinary views and an immersive experience in nature: here there are national parks, strong winds that create incredible panoramas like the tangled forest of Slope Point. And then, there are sports in which to practice adrenaline-fueled activities, such as bungee jumping or skiing.
- 1 GOLF COURSES OF SOUTH ISLAND
- 2 DO YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PLAY GOLF?
- 3 Getting informed is never bad. Some books to read
- 4 NEW ZEALAND SOUTH ISLAND GOLF TRIP GENERAL INFORMATION
- 5 How to reach New Zealand South Island
- 6 NEW ZEALAND SOUTH ISLAND Extra Golf Free Time Tours & Activities
- 7 The Incredible Wines of New Zealand
- 8 Useful tips for organizing your golf Trip in NEW ZEALAND SOUTH ISLAND
- 9 CALL TO ACTION !!
- 10 Do It Yourself Golf Trip Consulting
GOLF COURSES OF SOUTH ISLAND
The list of Golf Courses follows the order from North to South of the island
- Nelson Golf Club – Open website
- Pegasus Golf & Spots Club – Open website
- Clearwater Golf Resort – Open website
- Harewood Golf Club – Open website
- Russley Golf Club – Open website
- Christchurch Golf Club – Open website
- Terrace Downs Resort – Open website
- Wanaka Golf Club – Open website
- The Hills Golf Club – Open website
- Arrowtown Golf Club – Open website
- Queenstown Golf Club – Open website
- Jack’s Point Golf – Open website
- Cromwell Golf Club – Open website
- Roxburgh Golf Club – Open website
- Otago Golf Club – Open website
- Chisholm Links Golf Club – Open website
- St Clair Golf Club – Open website
- Invercargill Golf Club – Open website
Some tips on golf courses:
- To book the Tee Time, it is best to send an email to the secretary of the Golf Club you have chosen, asking for availability, obviously indicating the day and an indicative time. You can find the e-mail address by opening the Golf Club website from “Open website” and then searching for “contacts” or some Golf Clubs have the form to fill out to get the Tee Time. I think it’s better to send an email to the Secretariat. Opens Google Map at the point of the Golf Club. You can have the necessary information to reach the playing field or to know the distances for example from the Hotel you have chosen for the stay.
Getting informed is never bad. Some books to read
NEW ZEALAND SOUTH ISLAND GOLF TRIP GENERAL INFORMATION
- Remember that in New Zealand you drive on the left.
- Driving in New Zealand: 1. To drive in New Zealand you must have an international driving license, a very simple procedure that can be performed in any mobility and traffic office. 2. The roads are in good condition, but the terrain forces them to make many detours to reach certain places. 3. Compliance with speed limits (100 km / h on the roads) and the prohibition of drinking alcohol are important aspects, with severe penalties for those who break them.
- Consult the information relating to the documentation required to enter the country.
The Travel Insurance
!! Absolutely fundamental, always any trip you make, below I point out two opportunities
How to reach New Zealand South Island
- Christchurch International Airport
What to do for your flight
- Book your most comfortable flight
- Claim compensation for your flight delay or cancellation
- Relax at the airport waiting for your flight
- Choose a private flight
- Rent a car
NEW ZEALAND SOUTH ISLAND Extra Golf Free Time Tours & Activities
The Incredible Wines of New Zealand
New Zealand is one of the emerging nations in the world wine scene, where recent wine making history must not mislead but rather pleasantly surprise for the qualities found inside a glass of New Zealand wine, close to achieving excellent levels.
In order to grow and establish itself in a difficult market like that of wine, the French system has been studied a lot, and in fact many companies reflect it, but above all the varieties of grapes that would have made the best at those latitudes have been identified.
And this is how, given the absence of a native vine, in New Zealand a white wine is produced from Sauvignon blanc grapes like nowhere else, and the area of Malborough (in the northwest of the South Island) is its area of choice.
It is thanks to the organoleptic qualities achieved by the wine produced by this grape variety in that area that New Zealand has managed to make room and gain respect from the rest of the world. In addition to Sauvignon blanc, Chardonnay is cultivated extensively, to the west of the northern island (areas such as Gisborne or Hawke’s Bay or Malborough itself), Pinot Noir and Syrah; all international vines that have found a place in New Zealand to express themselves like nowhere else.
The system they have developed is based first and foremost on the principle of natural wine and in fact no one in the vineyard or in the cellar uses chemical products (e.g. in the vineyard against parasites copper and sulfur are still used).
Unlike what happens in other parts of the world, natural wine is therefore a custom dictated by respect for the ecosystem, which is very much felt here.
New Zealand is therefore now a splendid enological reality, where the culture of wine has assumed considerable importance also for local consumers, willing to spend a few dollars more for a good bottle of wine.
The efforts made by producers over the past decades as much as winemakers are giving their wonderful fruits in the form of grapes and bunches appreciated everywhere to the point of eliminating any surprise if, in the paper of an excellent restaurant, we were to find a wine from the land of Maori.
Useful tips for organizing your golf Trip in NEW ZEALAND SOUTH ISLAND
Villas and Rooms
If you use air flights always remember to check the size of the baggage on the airline’s website !!
Golf Travel Bag
CALL TO ACTION !!
Organizing your own golf vacation is a great opportunity to save a lot of money !!
In this guide you just read there are all the tools you need.
What are you waiting for???
For any clarification do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do It Yourself Golf Trip Consulting
If you have little time or little desire, don’t worry, together we can, in 1 hour, build your best golf vacation. Send us an email for more information: email@example.com