Last Updated on
It is very difficult to go wrong when you decide to organize your next golf vacation by choosing Italy as your destination. Especially when you decide to go to Puglia Region. Follow our DIY detailed guide to freely choose what to do, where to play golf and when in Puglia.
Why organize a golf vacation in Puglia? In addition to golf courses set in very particular naturalistic scenarios that alone are worth a trip, Puglia can be summarized also in these situations:
Each place can be told in one color. For Puglia it is surely the blue. Or rather all the shades of blue. Yes, because there are just all of them, none are missing. The sky and the sea merge. The sky has an intense blue, decided. Looking towards the horizon, you will no longer know where the sky ends and where the sea begins. And in the sea that intense blue takes on a thousand shades, from turquoise to emerald.
Do you plan to go to Puglia only for a holiday of sea and sun? This is a region rich in art and history. At the turn of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries the Apulian Baroque developed, an architectural current characterized by the sumptuous decorations on every building: churches, monuments and palaces. Lecce is undoubtedly the capital of the Baroque, which became such also thanks to the malleability of that golden-colored stone from Lecce, but which turns pink in the evening. But the beauty of the Baroque will also enchant you in other Salentine pearls such as Galatina, Galatone, Nardò and Gallipoli.
In Puglia we eat well. And you eat a lot.
On vacation in Puglia you have to give up any diet. Prepare yourself for the costume test and once there forget it and take it for granted to go home with a few extra pounds. It cannot be avoided.
Ciceri and Tria, Orecchiette, Panzerotti, Bombette and then Puccia, Pasticciotto and much more. In Puglia an appetizer is not an appetizer, they are at least 8 courses. But so good you will finish it all!
Smiles and cordiality will welcome you and for this reason it is a good reason to choose a destination for the holidays.
The very white countries
There is not only blue, there is also white. The whitewashed houses are another of the distinctive features of Puglia. White is the predominant color of many Apulian countries but also of the farms that stand out among the olive trees of the Valle d’Itria. Ostuni, the white city par excellence, and then Locorotondo, Cisternino and Polignano a Mare where white is highlighted by the blue of the sky and the sea but also by the colorful flowers hanging on the windows. Not to mention Alberobello with its very white trulli.
- 1 GOLF COURSES IN PUGLIA
- 2 EXTRA GOLF FREE TIME
- 3 How to reach PUGLIA Region
- 4 Useful tips for organizing your golf vacation in PUGLIA:
- 5 CALL TO ACTION !!
- 6 Do It Yourself Golf Trip Consulting
GOLF COURSES IN PUGLIA
- Acaya Golf Club – 18 holes – Open website
- Barialto Golf Club – 18 holes – Open website
- San Domenico Golf – 18 holes – Open website
Some tips on golf courses:
- To book the Tee Time, it is best to send an email to the secretary of the Golf Club you have chosen, asking for availability, obviously indicating the day and an indicative time. You can find the e-mail address by opening the Golf Club website from “Open website” and then searching for “contacts” or some Golf Clubs have the form to fill out to get the Tee Time. I think it’s better to send an email to the Secretariat. Opens Google Map at the point of the Golf Club. You can have the necessary information to reach the playing field or to know the distances for example from the Hotel you have chosen for the stay.
EXTRA GOLF FREE TIME
Restaurants, Taverns, Food, Wine & Cooking Classes
Michelin starred restaurants:
- Umami – Open website
- Bacco – Open website
- Già Sotto l’Arco – Open website
- Al Fornello Da Ricci
- Pashà – Open website
- Bros’ – Open website
- Cielo – Open website
- Angelo Sabatelli – Open website
- Due Camini – Open website
- Quintessenza – Open website
- L’Aratro – Open website
- Le Macàre – Open website
- Antichi Sapori
- Casale Ferrovia – Open website
- Cibus – Open website
- Hostaria u’ Vulesce
- La Cuccagna Giro di Vite – Open website
- Canneto Beach2 – Open website
- Agriturismo Masseria Barbera – Open website
- Medioevo – Open website
- L’Antica Locanda – Open website
- Peppe Zullo – Open website
- Osteria Botteghe Antiche – Open website
- Borgo Antico ‘La Costa’
- La Fossa del Grano – Open website
- Locanda di Nonna Mena – Open website
- Lilith – Open website
Food, Wine & Cooking Classes
Continuous exchanges of different civilizations, especially in the Middle East, have meant that this region had characteristic and unique traits, the result of a jumble of uses, customs, traditions and cultures. Also from the viticultural point of view, Puglia stands out: an infinite number of vines are cultivated, many of them with clear oriental origins such as Aleatico, Malvasia, Uva di Troia and Moscato, as well as other strongly typifying grapes such as Negroamaro, the Primitivo, the Bianco d’Alessano, the Pampanuto, the Impigno. After years in which logics of quantities more than quality have been pursued, the route is now being reversed and production is becoming more and more qualified.
Food & Cooking Classes
Cultural & Theme Tours
For many, Italy is exhausted within the boundaries of the usual tourist routes. It is not so. There are places and works of art that stand out, isolated and secret, on the margins of roads less traveled, in the shadow of simply more famous masterpieces. However, they are places and works of art that, alone, are worth a trip.
- Barletta, Colazione in giardino, Giuseppe De Nittis – Open website
- Gravina in Puglia, Parco nazionale dell’Alta Murgia – Open website
- Gravina in Puglia, Cripta di San Vito Vecchio – Open website
- Lecce, Piazza Duomo (at night )
- Ruvo di Puglia, Museo archeologico nazionale Jatta – Open website
- Vieste, Grotte marine del Gargano – Open website
Tours & Activities
How to reach PUGLIA Region
- Bari International Airport-Karol Wojtyla
- Salento Airport
What to do for your flight
- Book your most comfortable flight
- Claim compensation for your flight delay or cancellation
- Relax at the airport waiting for your flight
- Choose a private flight
- Rent a car
Useful tips for organizing your golf vacation in PUGLIA:
Search and book the best offers for your stay during the golf vacation. You have at your disposal any kind of Hotel category. Your utmost freedom of choice !!
Villas and Rooms
If you use air flights always remember to check the size of the baggage on the airline’s website !!
Golf Travel Bag
CALL TO ACTION !!
Organizing your own golf vacation is a great opportunity to save a lot of money !!
In this guide you just read there are all the tools you need.
What are you waiting for???
For any clarification do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do It Yourself Golf Trip Consulting
If you have little time or little desire, don’t worry, together we can, in 1 hour, build your best golf vacation. Send us an email for more information: email@example.com