Last Updated on
Mauritius, on landing. Outside the window the green extends as far as the eye can see. In Mauritius, even just the landing already pays for the hours of travel that it takes to get (almost) to the end of Africa, because those last minutes on the plane, in which we fly over colors that we usually only see on very retouched photos, I am a promise of a dream golf trip.
- 1 GOLF COURSES IN MAURITIUS
- 2 DO YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO PLAY GOLF?
- 3 THE CLIMATE IN MAURITIUS
- 4 DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY TO MAURITIUS
- 5 USEFUL TIPS FOR YOUR STAY
- 6 GETTING INFORMED IS NEVER BAD. SOME BOOKS TO READ
- 7 MAURITIUS ISLAND Extra Golf Free Time Tours & Activities
- 8 GOLF & CRUISE
- 9 HOW TO REACH MAURITIUS
- 10 USEFUL TIPS FOR ORGANIZING YOUR GOLF TOUR IN MAURITIUS
- 11 CALL TO ACTION !!
- 12 Do It Yourself Golf Trip Consulting
GOLF COURSES IN MAURITIUS
- Ile aux Cerfs Golf Course – Open website
- Heritage Golf Club – Open website
- Anahita Golf – Open website
- Avalon Golf Estate – Open website
- Tamarina Golf – Open website
- Paradis Golf Club – Open website
- Belle Mare Plage (Links) – Open website
- Mont Choisy Le Golf – Open website
Some tips on golf courses:
- To book the Tee Time, it is best to send an email to the secretary of the Golf Club you have chosen, asking for availability, obviously indicating the day and an indicative time. You can find the e-mail address by opening the Golf Club website from “Open website” and then searching for “contacts” or some Golf Clubs have the form to fill out to get the Tee Time. I think it’s better to send an email to the Secretariat. Opens Google Map at the point of the Golf Club. You can have the necessary information to reach the playing field or to know the distances for example from the Hotel you have chosen for the stay.
THE CLIMATE IN MAURITIUS
On average, two seasons can be distinguished in Mauritius. A dry and fresh winter season from May to October with average temperatures ranging from 19 ° C to 26 ° C highs, and a hot and humid summer season from November to April with high temperatures ranging from 23 ° C to maximum at 31 ° C the maximum.
The western and northern part of the island is usually less rainy than the eastern and southern part thanks to the breath of the trade winds. Particularly in this last area of Mauritius it can rain in every season, therefore in order to enjoy the sea and the beaches the destinations in the western and northern areas of Mauritius are to be preferred. The central area of the plateau is also subject to precipitation. The trade winds constantly blow from the south east but with greater intensity in the months from June to August therefore ideal for those who practice surfing, while for snorkeling they are preferable to the other months.
The best time to go to Mauritius is from mid-September to mid-November, when an excellent combination of temperatures, rainfall and winds will make the climate pleasantly warm and not too muggy.
As we know the climate is also often more and more crazy. In general, even the summer season from November to April is not bad.
The choice is also based on your needs and requirements.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY TO MAURITIUS
- a valid passport, with expiration at least on the day of return
- a return air ticket
- a reservation for the stay on the island, with a demonstration documentation
USEFUL TIPS FOR YOUR STAY
- English is the official language, although French Creole is spoken equally throughout the island.
- The time zone is Greenwich Mean Time
- The national currency is the Mauritian rupiah which is divided into 100 cents.
- Here both British three-pin electrical plugs and continental two-pole plugs are used.
- Deposit valuables, passport and money in the safe provided by the hotel / tourist residence.
- In Mauritius, cars drive on the left side of the road and drivers must give right precedence. Visitors with a driving license issued by a competent authority are allowed to drive during their stay on the island.
- There are no poisonous reptiles or dangerous animals on the island. However, you might get caught up in small creatures like wasps, for example. If this happens and symptoms persist, contact a pharmacist or doctor.
- In the waters of Mauritius some fish and invertebrates are notoriously harmful – such as sea urchins, stonefish and lionfish. We advise you to inform yourself about their possible presence in the waters around a specific resort. Try not to step on them and in case wear light footwear for swimming.
- Police: 999 or 112
- Fire services: 995 or 115
- SAMU Ambulances: 114
- National list: 150
- Tourist information: 152
- Weather: 171 and 96 for cyclone reports
- Airline data: 6033030
GETTING INFORMED IS NEVER BAD. SOME BOOKS TO READ
MAURITIUS ISLAND Extra Golf Free Time Tours & Activities
GOLF & CRUISE
There is a wonderful opportunity to combine your golf trip with a magnificent cruise.
The cruise lasts 14 NIGHTS
Ship: Costa Mediterranea
Departure and arrival in Port Louis
The days dedicated to the Golf you can decide to practice either before the departure or after the arrival, to your exclusive choice based on your needs. Or both before and after !!!
There are 3 dates, Click on the dates to get detailed information.
HOW TO REACH MAURITIUS
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport
What to do for your flight
- Book your most comfortable flight
- Claim compensation for your flight delay or cancellation
- Relax at the airport waiting for your flight
- Choose a private flight
- Rent a car
USEFUL TIPS FOR ORGANIZING YOUR GOLF TOUR IN MAURITIUS
Villas and Rooms
If you use air flights always remember to check the size of the baggage on the airline’s website !!
Golf Travel Bag
CALL TO ACTION !!
Organizing your own golf vacation is a great opportunity to save a lot of money !!
In this guide you just read there are all the tools you need.
What are you waiting for???
For any clarification do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do It Yourself Golf Trip Consulting
If you have little time or little desire, don’t worry, together we can, in 1 hour, build your best golf vacation. Send us an email for more information: email@example.com