Last Updated on
Why choose Alaska as your next Golf Experience? For the uncontaminated and wild nature. For one of the richest and most varied faunas in the country (bears, moose, caribou, rams, eagles, foxes, beavers etc ..). For the boundless spaces, for the millennial glaciers, for the highest and most fascinating mountain peaks and consequently for the considerable number of mountaineering and trekking paths. For browsing the breathtaking inlets of the Inside Passage and for a whole series of historical and literary motivations. And the Golf? I believe that writing what is in those Courses cannot be described. We just have to go and play to understand.
- 1 TIPS FOR ORGANIZING YOURS ALASKA GOLF EXPERIENCE
- 2 GOLF COURSES IN ALASKA
- 2.1 Anchorage Zone
- 2.2 Fairbanks Town Zone
- 2.3 The south-east – Sitka and Juneau Towns
- 3 WHERE TO STAY DURING YOUR ALASKA GOLF EXPERIENCE
- 4 YOUR FREE TIME
- 5 FOOD & DRINK IN ALASKA
- 6 TO KNOW MORE
- 7 HOW TO REACH ALASKA
- 8 THE TRAVEL INSURANCE
- 9 CALL TO ACTION !!
TIPS FOR ORGANIZING YOURS ALASKA GOLF EXPERIENCE
!!!! Best Time For Your Alaska Golf Experience: from 1st JUNE to 30 AUGUST !!!
Alaska wide territory. To facilitate the organization of your Golf Experience we divide the territory according to the main cities by grouping the nearest Golf Course and Tours & Activities. The best strategy is precisely that of organizing on the basis of the territorial dislocation of the cities.
HOW TO MOVE AND HOW TO GET TO ALASKA
The main airport in the state is Anchorage, but various flights via Seattle, Vancouver, Dallas or other US and Canadian cities allow flights to other cities, such as Juneau, Sitka or Fairbanks. However, all minor airports are connected by internal flights with Anchorage, so if you intend to base yourself there, you can then move to another region with a local flight.
To understand where to go, it is good to divide the state into macro-regions and decide which, or which, ones you want to visit
- The south-east, on the southern border of Canada, is one of the regions most visited by tourism, both for its beauty and for its greater proximity to the rest of the United States. Here the Inside Passage winds between the islands connecting the capital Juneau to numerous other interesting cities. It is one of the best areas for those looking for whales, glaciers and natural scenery related to the sea, but also for history lovers. The means par excellence here is the ship. You can sail to this region from Seattle or Vancouver, or fly to Sitka or Juneau airport, and then take a local ferry.
- The Prince William Sound is the region that acts as a glue between the south-east block and the Alaskan continental block. It is a jagged region, where land and sea seem to be one. It is the ideal place to discover the retreat of glaciers by kayak and to admire stretches of wading birds in the marshes. Cordova and Valdez are the reference cities that can be reached by internal flights. Even here, however, you can arrive by ship from the USA.
- We find the Kenai Peninsula moving further west along the southern coast. It is without doubt one of the most beautiful regions in the state and, fortunately, one of the easiest to reach and explore. Anchorage is located north of the peninsula and from the city roads and railways branch off to reach the main centers of Kenai.
- The Alaska Peninsula and the archipelagos of Kodiak and the Aleutians are instead the most south-western part of the state and are among the best places for those in search of the unique wildlife that Alaska has to offer. However, many of these places are really difficult to reach. Much of it can be visited by boat, but not by ferries as frequent as in the south-east. In other cases, small airplanes are the only solution. On the other hand, cars are of little use to reach this world made up of islands and islets that move up to 1600 km from the continent.
- The interior of Alaska is the kingdom of bears and wolves. The roads that cross it are among the most scenic in the world and the car is certainly the most appropriate means of visiting it. The main point of reference is Fairbanks, which is located more or less in the center of the state and can be reached by plane directly from the USA and Canada. It can also be reached by train from Anchorage. Instead of renting a car in Fairbanks, the most viable alternative is to get there by car from Anchorage.
Alaska by ship
If you decide to concentrate on the coast, which in itself could offer attractions for many consecutive weeks, the ship is more than enough for a trip to Alaska. Just reach Seattle or Vancouver by plane to visit all the major Alaskan cities by ferry and enjoy some of the most shocking landscapes the country has to offer. The Inside Passage is certainly the most beautiful area to visit by ship, and it is also the part of the country for which this means of transport is the only possible solution. A cruise in this region is worth a trip in itself and there are luxurious ones on large ships equipped with every comfort, like spartan ones on small local ships. For the more adventurous, you can take advantage of the local ferries to save on the budget and immerse yourself fully in the local culture. There are two non-cruise options for navigating in these waters:
- The ferries of the Alaska Marine Highway System (the main choice of tourists who do not want to travel by cruise) that touch the most important ports
- The so-called day-boats, the smaller ferries at the service of ordinary life, used above all by the locals for daily needs
Alaska by car
The wild lands of Alaska offer spectacular views, where you can lose your gaze for hours. Precisely for this reason, renting a car is one of the best choices you can make, to explore the most evocative places and stop at any time to take unique pictures or simply to sigh satisfied by the beauty of the unspoiled nature that stands out in front of us . In winter many roads are closed and many others are to be avoided for those who are not used to driving in these climates. However, summer lends itself perfectly to a road trip in Alaska. All that remains is to choose your own itinerary and get in the car.
The most famous street is the Alaska Highway (also known as Alcan), that is the state road n.2, which connects Canada with Fairbanks. Arriving by plane in Canada, renting a car and heading to the center of Alaska is an intriguing idea, which allows you to enjoy some of the most beautiful landscapes in North America. From Fairbanks another route starts for those who love adventure and search for the most unknown places: the Dalton Highway. Following this northward route, you can cross the most desolate lands of the country and reach Prudhoe Bay: the northernmost port of the state.
If you land in Anchorage, the rental possibilities are not lacking, as are the route alternatives. For a day trip, driving south on the Seward Highway to reach Seward or Homer allows you to admire the rich biodiversity of the Kenai Peninsula, while in the opposite direction the highest peaks of the continent are the backdrop to an itinerary along the Parks Highway, which runs alongside the Denali National Park.
Well, you have a lot of information you need to better organize this wonderful Alaska Golf Experience. All you have to do is cross the Golf Courses in Alaska, the best Tours & Activities and you’re ready to go !!
Always remember that we are at your complete disposal for any clarification / help. Send us a simple email and together we resolve; email@example.com
Don’t forget our Telegram Channel that allows you to receive news, information and guides on your devices (PC – Tablet – Smartphone) that remain at your easy and immediate consultation!
GOLF COURSES IN ALASKA
Fox Hollow Golf Course
Anchorage Golf Course
Settlers Bay Golf Course
Palmer Golf Course
Sleepy Hollow Golf Course
Kenai Golf Course
Birch Ridge Golf Course
Bird Homestead Golf Course
Bear Valley Golf Course – Kodiak Island
Fairbanks Town Zone
Black Diamond Golf Course
Chena Bend Golf Course
Fairbanks Golf Course
North Star Golf Club
The south-east – Sitka and Juneau Towns
Valley of the Eagles Golf
Golf with stunning views of mountains, glaciers, rivers, waterfalls, and more. Travel from Skagway to Haines by high-speed catamaran. Tour Fort Seward before heading to the golf course to collect your clubs, pull-cart, balls, and shoes. Spend 2.5 hours on this scenic 9-hole course, stopping to admire eagles, moose, mink, and otters. End with a delicious snack of smoked salmon before your return to Skagway.
- Golf in an incredible natural setting
- 9-hole golf course with all equipment provided
- Round-trip transport by high-speed ferry
- Snacks and light refreshments included
Mount Fairweather Golf Course
Sea Mountain Golf Course
Muskeg Meadows Golf Course
Some tips on golf courses:
To book the Tee Time, it is best to send an email to the secretary of the Golf Club you have chosen, asking for availability, obviously indicating the day and an indicative time. You can find the e-mail address by opening the Golf Club website from “Open website” and then searching for “contacts” or some Golf Clubs have the form to fill out to get the Tee Time. I think it’s better to send an email to the Secretariat. Opens Google Map at the point of the Golf Club. You can have the necessary information to reach the playing field or to know the distances for example from the Hotel you have chosen for the stay.
WHERE TO STAY DURING YOUR ALASKA GOLF EXPERIENCE
From experience made directly in the territory, in this case, the best results are obtained with free choice, without indicating precise Hotel / Resort. Once you have chosen your Golf Courses, look for the nearest city, enter in the box and decide based on your needs and requirements. You will get the best result!
YOUR FREE TIME
Anchorage – Denali – Kenai – Seward Zone Tours & Activities
The south-east: Skagway – Juneau – Hoonah – Ketchikan
FOOD & DRINK IN ALASKA
Is a culinary event that any tourist who ventures into the icy lands of Alaska should not miss. It is a meal that is eaten outdoors with an economic formula: 20/25 dollars and can be eaten to the bitter end.
It is eaten on the banks of streams with salmon caught on the spot, grilled and flavored with barbecue sauce. The inhabitants of the area provide a large bell and in the meantime the meal is consumed every now and then it is necessary to make it ring because not infrequently you find yourself behind, popped out of nowhere, a brown bear about two meters high that claims the salmon that you located in the dish …
Syrup made from birch trees used to make canoes, similar to maple syrup but less sweet.
Canned pork, cooked with mango and salmon paté.
Squaw candies. In reality, these are dried salmon fillets, if you have any problems with your teeth, I strongly advise against them, chewing them can be found in all the souvenir shops in bags packed like chips.
HALIBUT BEER BITS
Chips of halibut dipped in beer, breaded and fried, really tasty.
A delicacy of inupiat origin (the Eskimo population that lives beyond the Arctic circle) prepared with whale fat and covered by the skin of the cetacean, looks like a gelatinous pudding
Needless to look for wine, they do not produce wine and the imported one costs madness and is not good. In the Anchorage area there are small wineries where a sort of wine is made from strawberries, blueberries, rhubarb and flowers of Epilobium.
There is no shortage of beers and the Alaskan ones are excellent. You can find both American and espresso coffee everywhere. With regard to alcoholic beverages, the legal age for drinking is 21 years. However, there are villages where the natives live called ‘dry cities’ where the consumption of alcohol is forbidden, or ‘wet cities’ where the sale of any type of alcohol is prohibited. In other cities, however, it is never difficult to find a place or an open liquor store, the Alaskans say that only the number of churches exceeds that of bars.
TO KNOW MORE
HOW TO REACH ALASKA
- Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- Juneau International Airport
- Sitka Rocky Gutierrez Airport
- Fairbanks International Airport
What to do for your flight
- Book your most comfortable flight
- Claim compensation for your flight delay or cancellation
- Relax at the airport waiting for your flight
- Choose a private flight
- Rent a car
- Choose a private transport from/to airport
Golf Travel Bag
If you use air flights always remember to check the size of the baggage on the airline’s website !!
THE TRAVEL INSURANCE
!! Absolutely fundamental, always any trip you make, below I point out two opportunities
CALL TO ACTION !!
Good! You have everything you need to organize your next Golf Experience in absolute freedom to choose when, where, how.
If you need help, you don’t understand how some reservations work, don’t hesitate to send us a simple email, we will try to solve your problem.
Golf Experience Trip Consulting
If you have little time or little desire, don’t worry, together we can, in 1 hour, build your best golf vacation. Send us an email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Play Golf On Tour Telegram Channel
You will have everything synchronized, PC – Tablet – Smartphone in the Telegram cloud so that your devices’ memory does not consume you. News, information and above all the guides you will have so always available !!