Last Updated on
The Riviera Maya is one of the easy Golf Holidays because it can be chosen either to spend a week (at least) or more in a sunbathing position, changing at most one beach after another, or Playa del Carmen can, as in our case , become a good starting point to visit the nearby cenotes, to find some authentic Mexico by moving up to Valladolid, to admire the Mayan pyramids of Chichen Itza and archaeological sites such as Tulum, to bathe in dream waters of – as the name suggests – Playa Paraiso.
- 1 GOLF COURSES
- 2 WHERE TO STAY IN PLAYA del CARMEN Zone
- 3 PLAYA del CARMEN TRIP GENERAL INFO
- 4 PLAYA del CARMEN Tourist guide
- 5 WHAT TO EAT & DRINK in PLAYA del CARMEN
- 6 WHERE TO EAT IN PLAYA del CARMEN
- 7 YOUR FREE EXTRA-GOLF TIME IN PLAYA del CARMEN
- 8 HOW TO REACH PLAYA del CARMEN
- 8.1 Airport
- 8.2 Search and book your best flight
- 8.3 Relax at the airport waiting for your flight
- 8.4 Search and book your best private flight
- 8.5 Claim compensation for your flight delay or cancellation
- 8.6 Playa del Carmen Transfers & Ground Transport
- 8.7 Search and book the best car rental offer
- 8.8 Suitcases
- 8.9 Golf Travel Gear
- 9 TRAVEL INSURANCE
- 10 CALL TO ACTION
- 11 Don’t forget to read:
- 12 POST SPONSORED BY:
book Tee Time, it is best to send an email to the secretary of the Golf Club you have chosen, asking for availability, obviously indicating the day and an indicative time. You can find the e-mail address by opening the Golf Club website from “Open website” and then searching for “contacts” or some Golf Clubs have the form to fill out to get the Tee Time. I think it’s better to send an email to the Secretariat. Opens Google Map at the point of the Golf Club. You can have the necessary information to reach the playing field or to know the distances for example from the Hotel you have chosen for the stay.
WHERE TO STAY IN PLAYA del CARMEN Zone
PLAYA del CARMEN TRIP GENERAL INFO
In the most chic resort of the Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, the climate is tropical: this means high temperatures all year round, with highs that reach in the hottest months, July and August, peaks of 33 ° C and lows that drop slightly below 20 ° C in the colder months (December and January). There are two main seasons during the year: a dry and cool one, which lasts from November to February, and a rainy and warm one, which runs from June to October. There is also a period of “transition” between the two seasons, which runs from March to May and which is the sunniest of the year. Rainfall amounts to 1,400 mm overall and is concentrated mainly during the rainy season which has two peaks: the first at the beginning (in June) and the second at the end, especially in September (which is the wettest month ever), while between July and August there is a sort of “truce” with just 150 mm of rain per month. Even during the dry season, however, showers can occur, particularly in November and December, due to the contrast between the still hot sea and the humidity brought by the trade winds that come from the north east. In any case, the rains appear as intense and short thunderstorms so the sun starts to shine again quickly. Playa del Carmen, like the rest of the Caribbean area, is in the trajectory of hurricanes that could reach it in the period of time between June and November, but especially between August and October.
When to find the best climate
For those who, in addition to a healthy game of golf, are looking for beach life and dream of sunbathing and swimming in crystal clear waters, the ideal time to go to Playa del Carmen is certainly the one that runs from mid-March to the end of May . This is the “transition” period between the cold and dry and wet seasons, which has the highest percentage of sunshine all year round. In general, in the most famous destination of Yucatan the climate is optimal from December to May, however, it should be borne in mind that from December to mid-March the “norte” can arrive, the fresh wind from the north-west that brings with it cloudiness and rains, as well as a drop in temperatures ranging between 20-22 ° C during the day and 13-15 ° C at night. November is also a good compromise for visiting Playa del Carmen, although the risk of hurricanes (albeit low) is still present.
When NOT to go
A period not really recommended to organize a trip to Playa del Carmen is undoubtedly the one coinciding with the hurricane season. The city, in fact, like the rest of the Caribbean area, can be reached by tropical cyclones of the North Atlantic, for the whole time span from June to November, and in particular from August to October. These are rare phenomena, however, still dangerous because they can bring with them strong winds and heavy rains.
PLAYA del CARMEN Tourist guide
WHAT TO EAT & DRINK in PLAYA del CARMEN
The first adjective that could come to mind when thinking of Mexican cuisine is undoubtedly: spicy. But then it turns out that there is not only this and that there are many variations depending on the area of Mexico where you are.
It is a cuisine that comes from a mixture of Spanish, Caribbean, indigenous and French dishes, which have been handed down for centuries and have helped to create the typical Mexican dishes that we now have the good fortune to taste. It must be said that Mexican cuisine varies greatly depending on the area and in each of these you can taste typical specialties.
Typical Mexican dishes
- Taco – Flour or corn tortilla folded on itself, stuffed with meat, beans and vegetables.
- Burrito – Tortilla rolled into a roll, stuffed with beans, chicken, meat, fish, cheese and vegetables.
- Quesadilla – Two tortillas stuffed with local cheese, mushrooms or other vegetables.
- Fajitas – Pickles of marinated meat (chicken breast or beef, or both) with pepper, onion, hot pepper, paprika and other spices.
- Enchilada – Stuffed tortilla, rolled up on itself and topped with chili sauce. The tortilla filling can be of meat, cheese, vegetables or beans.
- Nachos – Tortilla chips (totopos) covered with or without cheese.
- Queso Fundido – Melted cheese, often accompanied by tortillas or totopos and with or without addition of mushrooms.
- Huevos rancheros – Fried eggs topped with spicy pepper sauce.
- Frijoles – Bean cream prepared with spices, fried and served with tortillas.
- Sopa de limon – Chicken, lemon and chilli soup. In the chicken broth there is also a little beer.
- Cochinita Pibil – Suckling pig meat cooked in an oven under the ground with orange, onion and achiote sauce.
What to drink in Mexico
- Cerveza – It is beer, consumed at all times and in all situations. There are many varieties and different grades.
- Tequila – Liqueur made with the agave plant.
- Mezcal – Mexican distillate obtained from the agave plant. Unlike tequila, it is produced only with the central part of the plant.
- Liquados – Fruit based smoothies.
- Aguas Frescas – Refreshing juices made from fruit, cereals, seeds and water, mostly sold by street vendors.
- Margarita – Alcoholic cocktail based on tequila, triple sec and lime juice.
WHERE TO EAT IN PLAYA del CARMEN
YOUR FREE EXTRA-GOLF TIME IN PLAYA del CARMEN
Tours & Activities
Food, Wine & Cooking Class
HOW TO REACH PLAYA del CARMEN
Cancun International Airport
Search and book your best flight
Relax at the airport waiting for your flight
Search and book your best private flight
Claim compensation for your flight delay or cancellation
Playa del Carmen Transfers & Ground Transport
Search and book the best car rental offer
If you use air flights always remember to check the size of the baggage on the airline’s website !!
Golf Travel Gear
!! Absolutely fundamental, always any trip you make, below I point out two opportunities !!
CALL TO ACTION
You have everything you need to organize your next Golf Experience in absolute freedom to choose when, where, how. If you need help, you don’t understand how some reservations work, don’t hesitate to send us a simple email, we will try to solve your problem.
Golf Experience Trip Consultin
If you have little time or little desire, don’t worry, together we can, in 1 hour, build your best golf vacation. Send us an email for more information: email@example.com